- In order to minimize risk of complications from your cataract surgery and to promote proper healing, your surgeon has prescribed a series of eye drops for 3 days prior to your surgery. The latest studies have shown that these medications should reduce the chance of infection or inflammation after surgery. DUE TO THE RISK OF INFECTION AND INFLAMMATION FROM NOT FOLLOWING THE PRE-OPERATIVE REGIME AS PRESCRIBED, THE SURGEON WILL NOT PERFORM YOUR SURGERY IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN THE DROPS AS PRESCRIBED BEFORE SURGERY. If you have missed doses, please call Mardell at our Surgical Counseling Office (314-838-1875) immediately to see if we should reschedule your surgery.
- Wait 2 minutes between each drop
- Shake ALL 3 drops well, before each use
- You will receive a call from the Surgery Department a few days prior to your surgery letting you know what time to arrive on the day of surgery. In most cases, you will be at the surgery center for a total of 3-4 hours. Florissant Surgery Center is located at 8453 North Lindbergh, Florissant, MO 63031 (between Pizza Hut and First Community Credit Union).
- Do NOT eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your operation, including no gum, hard candy, or cigarettes.